Hello from crazytown! Sorry it’s been a while since I’ve had a chance to post a new blog but life has seriously been crazy around here. I’ve been spending all my spare time decluttering and organizing this house. The playroom has a new look, the boys closet is so clean I cannot believe it, and a bunch of other little tasks have been completed. I promise to share some details soon!
In the meantime, I thought I would give myself (and hopefully some of you) a little pep talk. I’ve been alone with the boys all day long. They have been all sorts of special crazy which is of course totally my fault. I was working so much I didn’t let them have outside time and I broke a ton of my own rules about how to keep them sane while I try to get stuff done. So as I finally sit down tonight I’m feeling a little defeated. This was not my best mommy day! In an effort to be more positive and to hopefully inspire all of you to do the same I’m going to give you 5 reasons I totally rocked today!
- My children are alive! No seriously, if you think about all it takes to keep a kid alive it really is worth giving yourself a pat on the back. Not to mention two of them! And that doesn’t even take into account two of them that are constantly trying to kill each other in one way or another! So… GO ME! The boys are still alive!
- I did 4 complete loads of laundry. They are folded, put away and DONE! I’m normally pretty lucky to get a half a load done so this is major!
- I ate all three meals at home! We did not do our normal meal planning and grocery shopping this week because we knew it was going to be a crazy week and we don’t like to buy food we wont use. Normally when I’m exhausted, spent, and just done with the day I will cave and go get some fast food. Tonight, I did not! In all honestly my dinner sucked but hey, I’m just eating to live, not living to eat!
- I built a Lego Pirate Tree House… well, I helped. I made sure to spend some time on the ground playing with the boys tonight even though all I wanted to do was sit on the couch and stare at the tv.
- I read to the boys before bed. This one is probably the most important on my list. Every night since the day T$ was born I try to read to him (and now Buggy too). Some nights we are all just too exhausted but tonight we got in one Bible Story and one funny story. It helps us all unwind and it makes the boys so happy. I know these are memories we are making and they are the important ones.
Doesn’t matter how big or small the accomplishment was I want to hear about it!