Hello from crazytown! Sorry it’s been a while since I’ve had a chance to post a new blog but life has seriously been crazy around here. I’ve been spending all my spare time decluttering and organizing this house. The playroom has a new look, the boys closet is so clean I cannot believe it, and a bunch of other little tasks have been completed. I promise to share some details soon!
In the meantime, I thought I would give myself (and hopefully some of you) a little pep talk. I’ve been alone with the boys all day long. They have been all sorts of special crazy which is of course totally my fault. I was working so much I didn’t let them have outside time and I broke a ton of my own rules about how to keep them sane while I try to get stuff done. So as I finally sit down tonight I’m feeling a little defeated. This was not my best mommy day! In an effort to be more positive and to hopefully inspire all of you to do the same I’m going to give you 5 reasons I totally rocked today!
- My children are alive! No seriously, if you think about all it takes to keep a kid alive it really is worth giving yourself a pat on the back. Not to mention two of them! And that doesn’t even take into account two of them that are constantly trying to kill each other in one way or another! So… GO ME! The boys are still alive!
- I did 4 complete loads of laundry. They are folded, put away and DONE! I’m normally pretty lucky to get a half a load done so this is major!
- I ate all three meals at home! We did not do our normal meal planning and grocery shopping this week because we knew it was going to be a crazy week and we don’t like to buy food we wont use. Normally when I’m exhausted, spent, and just done with the day I will cave and go get some fast food. Tonight, I did not! In all honestly my dinner sucked but hey, I’m just eating to live, not living to eat!
- I built a Lego Pirate Tree House… well, I helped. I made sure to spend some time on the ground playing with the boys tonight even though all I wanted to do was sit on the couch and stare at the tv.
- I read to the boys before bed. This one is probably the most important on my list. Every night since the day T$ was born I try to read to him (and now Buggy too). Some nights we are all just too exhausted but tonight we got in one Bible Story and one funny story. It helps us all unwind and it makes the boys so happy. I know these are memories we are making and they are the important ones.
So, tell me why did you rock today?
Doesn’t matter how big or small the accomplishment was I want to hear about it!
If you follow me on Facebook (I’ll wait so you can click the link and press like…. 🙂 ) then you know I had a little project going last weekend. Today I’m going to tell you all about it.
I hate laundry! But I have two boys, two cats, a dog and husband so its sort of an everyday thing around here. In our old home we didn’t have a laundry room just this rinky dink closet. When we first bought this house I was so overjoyed just to have a laundry room but alas, that wore off quickly. My Pinterest feed has been filled with beautiful laundry rooms for ages and I had some serious design envy. I finally decided I was going to sit down and make some decisions about what I wanted and then just do it! The room is not very big at all so I knew I wouldn’t be adding anything major. And really we didn’t need a ton more storage as the room was currently functional. It just wasn’t pretty. I needed something to hang clothes that don’t go in the dryer on and the shelf we currently had was not working for that.
I decided to go with a big LACK shelf from Ikea above the washer and dryer that could be used for functional things as well as pretty things. I also decided to go with a towel bar I had hanging around the house that we bought at Ikea ages ago. The hardest decision was the paint. I knew I wanted something on the light side because the room is so small but I wasn’t sure if I wanted to go muted or bold. Eventually I decided that muted was the way to go. I wanted the Laundry Room to make me feel like I was in a cottage at Martha’s Vineyard. Well as much as anyone could feel like that while folding dozens of mis-matched socks. I narrowed it down to two Martha Stewart colors from Home Depot; Spring Melt and Rainwater. I love the color that Rainwater puts on the wall but ultimately it was not right for the room. Spring Melt won out! Now that it is on the wall I could not be happier with the decision. It’s light and fresh and airy and just perfect!
Sunday morning Hubby had to go to work for a few hours. So I put Buggy down for his nap and T$ and I got to work. Mostly that means he did about three strokes and decided this was a “Mommy job” and he went off to play Legos. I did the entire room without taping and just was careful around the baseboards and ceiling. Luckily I have a pretty steady hand. All in all the painting took me about an hour an a half to finish. As soon as hubby got home he hung up the shelf and frames for me and VOILA! my laundry room was complete!
How did I do? My goal was to have a Pin-able laundry room, did I achieve that? What are some rooms you have done in your home and been thrilled with the outcome?